Somfy DC or "Low-Voltage" Roll-Up Motor Systems are usually hard-wired for power and communication if the communication is DCT or serial RS232 / RS485. These low voltage motors can be controlled using several different control methods. The most common control method is wireless RTS (Radio Technology Somfy) RF control or DCT(Dry Contact Technology) hard-wired switched. Other control methods are serial RS-232 / RS-485 communication protocols or ZWave / ZigBee wireless networks.
Sonesse Roll-Up Motors are used for motorizing:
- Roller & Screen Shades of various roller tube sizes
- Hunter Douglas Silhouette™/Nantucket™/Pirouette™/Vignette™
- Roman, Balloon, London, Austrian and Woven Wood Shades. Click here for Assembled Lift Kits
- Comfortex Shangri-La Sheer Shades on 1.5" Tubes
- Verosol Vienna Sheer Shades on 1.5" tubes
- Rollease 1.5" Shade Roller Tubes
- Louvolite 1-5/8" Roller Tubes
- Acmeda roller tubes
Somfy ST30 Sonesse Data Book 2013 6Mb
Sonesse ST30 Roll-Up Motors are available in (4) control Types:
- (RTS) or RF Radio Frequency - RF is omni-directional therefore there is no need to point and shoot with the remote. RF also has many control options that are all wireless which means no need to run wires to Wall Switches, Sensors, Timers and can be integrated into third party systems easily with additional components. This motor system is the easiest to install and program and can be successfully accomplished with little technical ability.
- (DCT) Dry Contact - Dry contact switching is a very reliable method of controlling window coverings at the touch of a button and is not prone to RF (Radio Frequency) interference like the RTS system. The motor can be integrated into 3rd party control systems through dry contact closure switching. This motor is typically used in new contruction where the walls are open and wiring can easily be done. This motor system requires some electrical knowledge and is a little more complex to program than the RTS System.
- RS-485 - Communication is accomplished via industry standard RS-485 networking. Bi-directional serial communication with 3rd party control systems provides access to each motors position to ensure precise control. Motor has basic open, close and stop commands and allows for setting of 16 intermediate positions with RS-485 and 100 intermediate positions with Z-Wave. This motor is typically used in new contruction where the walls are open and wiring can easily be done. This motor is designed for the professional installer and integrator. Somfy software is required for initial programming and serial string code generation for integration into 3rd party control systems. For more information, visit the SDN Section of this Site.
- ZWave / ZigBee - Is a wireless network communication where several comoponents work in unison to receive and pass commands through the network and provide feedback to the control unit to ensure that specific control commands were indeed received and executed. For more information about these networks click < Here > to download a brochure.